Accordion Shutters for Storm Protection
Serving: Virginia Beach & all of Hampton Roads, The Outer Banks of NC & the Whole Mid-Atlantic!
Accordion Shutters are a cost-efficient way to protect your windows, doors, balconies, and patios from storm and hurricane damage.
Accordion Shutters are made from interlocking extruded aluminum blades and fold to each (or) one side of an opening.
Key features are:
- Manual folding shutters can be stored on either side or both ends of an opening
- Covers sliding glass doors, balconies, windows or decks
- Vertical blade construction designed for maximum strength regardless of size
- Balcony enclosures work great for condominiums
Silicon impregnated wheel carriages inserted in the top of the shutter allow the shutter to roll easily from side to side. These wheels align inside of a heavy duty extruded aluminum header track.
Accordion shutters require about 1” per foot of width for storage. If you have a 12’ sliding glass door the shutter covers, you will have a 12” stack of shutter on one end or you will have a 6” stack on each side of the door.
An interesting application for accordion shutters is what we call “balcony enclosure installations” which virtually add another usable room to your condo.
A balcony enclosure is done by simply installing the shutter out adjacent to the balcony railing instead of up against the balcony wall.
Never again will you have to bring your patio furniture in your living space when bad weather threatens. Our accordion shutter is like no other accordion on the market. We provide unique features, designed in house to meet customer requirements.
Mechanically bent “radius” tracks allow us to fit any shaped balcony with a balcony enclosure installation. These features allow the accordion shutter to be more of a shutter you use to benefit your lifestyle not just for hurricane protection.
We offer the Most Competitive Accordion Shutter Prices! Call us Today – (757) 463-1446.
Accordion Folding Hurricane Shutters Are Versatile
Our (high velocity) ACCORDION SHUTTER is the ideal solution for windows, sliding doors and balconies. This shutter offers maximum storm protection and security at a cost less than roll shutters. The top track of the shutter is parallel to the floor and provides the track into which the self-mating extruded aluminum vertical blades glide from side to side on stainless steel and nylon roller carriages.
The bottom track of the shutter provides a grove into which the pins on the bottom of the vertical slats are secured.
The vertical blades fold together as the shutter is opened and store in a small place. Improved blade stacking requires 30% less wall space than most systems.
This means less shutter on the wall and a less obtrusive look. The locks may be installed on the inside or the outside of the shutter.
Accordion Locking Hurricane Shutters Are Easy & Durable
The ACCORDION SHUTTER is custom fabricated out of reinforced, heavy gauge extruded aluminum panels. The shutter is finished with a quality coating available in several attractive colors.
Your locked ACCORDION SHUTTER will protect you against high winds, flying debris and even forced entry and have been engineered to meet the most stringent wind codes in the country and have been reviewed and accepted by the Miami-Dade County product control division, Florida Building Code, and the International Building Codes to name a few.
Cover Any Sized Door Entry or Window Opening!
- Easy to Open & Close
- Enclose the entire Balcony or Lanai area
- Store furniture plants & all of your outdoor equipment inside the lanai area
- Easy to operate Young or Old, these shutters close & open quickly
- Accordion Folding Hurricane shutters can bend around curved openings
- High or Low Accordion Shutters fit almost anywhere
- Tested to 18 feet tall and for installation at pressures to -200 psf
- Direct mount side starters increase strength and decrease installation time by 40%
- Push button lock is standard with Mortise Lock, optional for extra security
- Both inside and outside locking systems available
- Your choice of walkover or adjustable floor tracks
- Full powder coat finish for maximum weather resistance
- Wider blade allows for light to enter when accordion is closed
- Engineered for installation under almost any condition, including over burglar bars and under roof trusses